The wiki is going to be the most up-to-date source of information for getting started, as it is still a topic in flux.
Below are some excerpts from the Wiki, but some links may be out of date.
Update Your Device
- Updating your device.
- Videos: Install a debug cable; Assemble a Limited Edition
- Bleeding-edge binaries can be found at the CI server. Use at your own risk.
- Releases: please check the corresponding README within each subdir for notes.
Setting up Security
- Inspecting your mainboard
- Initialize Root Keys on "factory new" devices, by selecting the item from the main menu.
- (Optional) Burn Battery-Backed RAM keys Note: do not use this if you plan to store long-term secrets on the device.
- Jargon: Confused by terms like SoC and EC? You're not alone.
Pre-Boot & Security
- What happens before boot? fills in the details of everything that happens before the first instruction gets run.
- "Secure Boot" and key ROM layout
- eFuse/BBRAM FPGA key FAQ
Between the Software and Hardware: Hardware Abstractions
- UTRA Hardware register access abstraction for Xous
- Peripheral access conventions Goals for hardware register abstractions
- COM Protocol between the embedded controller (EC) and the main SoC
- SoC register set / generated from SoC Litex Design Source
- SoC block diagram is embedded in the README for the SoC
- EC register set / generated from EC Litex Design Source
- Hardware design files PDFs of schematics are in the "mainboard-*" directories
- Physics and electrical design of the external Avalanche generator
- Notes on Characterization and debugging of raw sources
- On-line health monitoring
- Post-Generation Conditioning with ChaCha
- crate-scraper is the beginning of a tool that helps with audit trails. It saves all the source code derived from
crates.ioto build Xous, and collates all the
build.rsfiles into a single mega-file for faster manual inspection.
- imports How imported repositories that are not yet stand-alone crates are managed
- Tools Helper tools to build bootable images
- Converting Wiki Pages from ODT to Markdown